Problem: Bad Breath
Believe me when I say there are many people who have bad breath. Bad breath can be socially awkward, but is also a warning sign of more serious problems.
Experts say that the strong odor of bad breath is hydrogen sulfide gas, the same gas used in chemical warfare during WWII. I can be hazardous to your health to breath that 24/7.
Of course, bad breath can be caused by the foods you eat. Food left on your between teeth, on your gums and tongue for a long time can ferment giving off a foul odor. Smoking and other forms of tobacco are also obvious causes.
Tooth decay and gum disease can also lead to conditions where odors are a result.
I have often been heard to say, “Bad breath is better than no breath at all!”
Let’s not give in to bad breath!
- Bad Breath: I personally use over-the counter Smart Mouth -12 hour mouth rinse. We have samples of this product in our office.
- Again...Be sure to keep your teeth extra clean, especially along the gums and between the teeth. Also brushing your tongue will help prevent bad breath.
- The most important time to clean your mouth is just before bed.
How WE can help:
- Smart mouth 12 hour mouth rinse – we offer larger bottles than are available in retail stores at a lower cost per ounce.
- Regular In office professional cleanings and check-ups can detect and remove accumulations that release objectionable odors.
- Gum disease is one of the worst sources of halitosis! We are on the leading edge of treatment and prevention of gum infections.
Call to schedule your
professional cleaning today!