Dessa was born in Oregon, but raised in Alaska! She came back to Oregon as soon as she could. In 2002 she graduated from OIT in Klamath Falls with a Bachelor's degree in Dental Hygiene. She has been part of our team for six years and we love working with her! She loves the Oregon outdoors. Hiking, camping and berry picking with her husband and daughter top the list of her favorite things to do.
Dessa's duties as a Dental Hygienist include but are not limited to:
- Listens to any concerns you have about your current oral health needs.
- Evaluates your gums by assessing oral health conditions, reviews your medical history, head and neck inspection, dental charting.
- Takes x-rays for Dr. Clark's exact diagnosis. Click here for more information about our digital x-ray procedures.
- Removes calculus and plaque (hard and soft deposits) from all surface areas of your teeth.
- Applies preventative materials to your teeth such as fluoride.
- Teaches appropriate oral hygiene strategies that will bring you the best outcome for your personal needs.
- Counsels patients about good nutrition and other techniques that can be done at home to achieve the desired results you are looking for.
There are many things that can go wrong with your gums and Dessa will be able to determine which cleaning methods will be the most effective for you. She can also help you learn how to keep your teeth clean at home. There are more than brushing and flossing tools and techniques that you can use to keep your teeth clean. Dessa will be able to show you the tools that will work the best for you.
There are a few things Dessa can do to make your visit more comfortable. If you would prefer her to use a numbing jelly on your gums prior to your cleaning, simply ask her and she will be happy to provide that for you. You can also ask for a blanket or a neck pillow to help you feel more comfortable. She will make every effort to make your visit with us good one!
Scheduling regular cleanings and dental exams can save you a lot of time, pain and money. With the technology available today it is much easier to diagnose problems in their early stages, which in turn saves you a lot. Our goal is to help you stay healthy and happy!
Call us today to schedule your dental cleaning!
We look forward to helping you!
(541) 451-1440 OR TEXT us at 541.6DC.DDS2