Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Alice & Nancy - A Dynamic Duo!


Last week we introduced you more in-depth to our office support staff.  This week we are turning the spotlight onto Alice and Nancy, our Dental Assistants.

Here is a little bit about Alice, our Head Assistant:

I started working for Dr. Clark when I was 19, as a Dental Assistant right out of College.  I have worked for Dr. Clark for 24 years now and I am now the Head Assistant and Clinic Coordinator.  I grew up in the Lebanon area went to Lebanon High, before going to LBCC for my Dental Assisting Certificate.   I have been happily married for 18 years, I have two wonderful children and as many animals as my husband will allow.

And now a little about Nancy:

I have lived in the Lebanon area for a long time and graduated from Lebanon High School in 1985.  I have worked for Dr. Clark off and on since 1989 after I graduated from LBCC with my Dental Assisting Certificate. I am married (19 1/2 yrs.) and have three children.  I enjoy spending time with my children, reading and sewing.

As we asked Alice about some advice they could share on the blog they offered some great tips to help prepare your child for their dental visits.  If you saw our Tuesday's Tip yesterday they shared with us your child's preparation happens even before they come in for their appointment. 

Here are 6 simple tips to make things go smoothly for you and your child:

1)    Please always say inspiring and comforting things to your child about an up and coming dental visit. A dental visit should be a good experience.
2)    Please do not tell them we are going to hurt them if they are being difficult at home.
3)    Please say things like when they do the filling there is going to be alot of water in your mouth but the assistant will suction it out for you.
4)    Never tease them about a shot or even mention it.
5)    Please let the child know they can make a list of questions to ask us about when they get here if they would like to, we will explain things to them.
6)    What you say to your child can make a good visit or a bad one.  Stay positive and things will go well.


We hope that you find these tips helpful in making your child's visit a positive one.  We know that going to the Dentist can be scary but with the proper help, attitude and reinforcement for you they will do just fine.  And don't forget to remind them of the treasure chest at the end of their visit!  That's the BEST part of all!
We look forward to helping you.  If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to give us a call!

Give us a call today to schedule your child's New Year Exam. 
We have limited time offers right now for all services done by Dr. Clark
so take advantage of those savings today!

Call today to schedule a FREE New Year Exam!
(541) 451-1440 or TEXT is at 541.6DC.DDS2




No comments:

Post a Comment