To make the most out of your dental visit here are five suggestions we would like to share:
- Ask a friend or family member to come with you if you are nervous. Sometimes bringing someone familiar with you can help ease those nerves.
- Bring a list of any questions or concerns you may have. It’s easy to forget about important questions you have especially when you are nervous. Your friend or family member can help you review your list to ensure you haven’t forgotten anything.
- Bring a list of medications you have been prescribed along with the dosage amounts. We also want to know about any supplements you may be taking. There are certain medical conditions such as diabetes or high blood pressure that can affect your oral health. The more we know about you, the better you results will be.
- Let Dr. Clark know about any pain or discomfort you are currently experiencing. Do not skip this information for fear of possible problems or treatments needed. We have found that early detection reduces pain, expense and time of treatment needed. Dental techniques today are now advanced enough to significantly reduce the discomfort of treatments. We can even reverse numbness sooner after your treatments. It’s exciting to be a dentist with the technology available!
- If there is something that has been explained that you are unclear about just ask. So many times we fear asking for clarification or another explanation using simpler or more familiar words and that does no one any good. Both parties need to understand in order for communication to be successful. We want to make sure that you understand the instructions and explanations given. That will ensure that your treatment plan will bring you the results you desire.
We look forward to hearing from you soon!
(541) 451-1440 or TEXT us at 541.6DC.DDS2