We've previously discussed many ways we can prevent dental problems by brushing, flossing and eating a well balanced diet. However, when things go wrong, our miraculous bodies have their own warning systems built right in. There are many warning signs your mouth can give to alert you to potential problems. If you choose to ignore these warning signs, the likelihood of avoiding major problems is not that favorable.
So what are some of the warning signs to look for?
- Loose Teeth.
- A mouth sore that bleeds or simply won't heal.
- Heavy bleeding when flossing.
- Changes in the skin color inside your cheeks.
- Acute pain in the mouth, jaw or lips.
- Swollen or pus filled gums.
- Changing of your bite - you notice your teeth come together differently.
- Numbness in your mouth.
- Lumps or white spots anywhere in your mouth.
- Frequent headaches.
- Painful tongue or difficulty speaking.
- Thick or stringy saliva.
Of course this is not an exhaustive list, but many of the very serious dental problems that can arise will present themselves in like manner. The best thing you can do for yourself or a loved one is to call our office and set up an appointment. If these warning signs are heeded early, you can save yourself a lot of pain and in many instances you can save money by not needing major dental intervention to save your teeth or gums.
Listen to your mouth - what it is telling you is very important!
Call us at (541) 451-1440 or Text us at 541.6DC.DDS2