|What a difference a healthy, appealing smile makes!|
In an article entitled Smile Makeover: Considerations and Components of Smile Design, by Alison DiMatteo, she discusses different components that play into deciding what your underlying issues might be and which procedures will bring the best results. "A smile makeover takes into consideration your facial appearance, skin tone, hair color, teeth (color, width, length, shape and tooth display), gum tissue and lips to develop your ideal smile. Smile makeovers are performed for many reasons and customized according to your unique considerations".
Some techniques that Dr. Clark uses currently are:
- Porcelain veneers, thin wafers of porcelain that are bonded onto the front of teeth, is the most common method. A small amount of tooth structure is shaved from the front of your teeth, and then beautiful porcelain veneers are bonded to them, creating the shape, color, and alignment of teeth that you desire.
- Tooth whitening can be used just to lighten the teeth - if you're happy with their shape and position.
- Invisalign is another smile makeover technique. With invisible braces, your teeth can be made straight. Many people combine this treatment with tooth whitening for a complete smile makeover.
- Snap On Smile - a relatively new restorative device that can be fitted in 2-3 visits. It is designed to "snap on" to your existing teeth to mask the smile deficiencies that you have such as gaps, missing teeth, abnormal rotation, discoloration, etc. It forms a seamless transition with your gum line and the end result is excellent!
- Porcelain crowns and bridges
- Porcelain crowns on implant A dental implant is an artificial tooth root that is surgically anchored into your jaw to hold a replacement tooth or bridge in place.
- Dental Bonding - Some people want to have dental bonding used to create a new smile. While this can be cheaper than porcelain veneers, when dental bonding is used over a large area, it only looks good for a year or two. Compared to porcelain veneers, that can look good for ten or twenty years, dental bonding ends up being very expensive.
Because so many different factors need to be taken into consideration in order to find the right solutions for you, Dr. Clark offers a free consultation visit to discuss your best options. During your visit he will share his expertise and suggestions with you and would welcome any questions or concerns that you might have.
Your Smile Says A Lot About You, Let Us Help You Make the Most of it!
Call us today to schedule your Free Consultation!
(541) 451-1440 or TEXT us at 541.6DC.DDS2